What do I need to do to Volunteer?:
1) SAFE ENVIRONMENT I: Protecting God's Children Course
Please register if you need your clearance for Protecting God's Children, which will include the Technology Addendum. These classes usually fill up early. Click here to register. Choose the Archdiocese of Philadelphia as your organization.
2) SAFE ENVIRONMENT II:
Mandated Reporter On-Line Course - click on "Training Institute". You will need to setup a login and print the certificate upon completion of the course. Click here for online training.
3) CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK (required by state law to be renewed every 5 years)
Print out 2 copies of the final report. Keep one copy for yourself and hand in one copy to Saint Aloysius. Click here for the online application.
4) PA CHILD ABUSE HISTORY CLEARANCE (required by state law to be renewed every 5 years)
5) FBI FINGERPRINT CLEARANCE (required by state law to be renewed every 5 years)
This clearance must be obtained by volunteers living in PA for less than 10 years. Anyone who is a paid staff member must have this clearance. Click here for registration. *If you have lived continuously in PA for ten years or more, you do not need the FBI clearance to volunteer.
6) DISCLOSURE STATEMENT FOR VOLUNTEERS (required by state law)
This must be signed by ALL volunteers. Click here for the form.
7) Mandated Report Acknowledgment Form.
Print and Sign the Acknowledgment form and return to the signed form to the Parish Office. Click here for form.